Steps to choosing your inseam:
- Shoe Type - first, determine the heel height you will most commonly wear with the jean.
- Cuff or No Cuff - decide if you will be cuffing the denim.
- Bootcut jeans; can be cuffed when worn with a casual shoe or cowboy boot but then be let down when worn with a heel.
- Straight Leg Jeans; can be worn with or without a cuff. If you choose to buy a longer length, the cuff can be adjusted when horseback.
- Straight crop and skinny jeans can be cuffed or not.
- Trouser Jeans do not easily cuff but, if a cuff is needed, it looks best with a flatter sole shoe rather than a heel.
- Flares do not cuff easily. Unfinished hems are easy to cut to ideal length if a little too long.
- Compare; to a jean length you currently have and like - by measuring a jean you own, you can more easily determine how long you want. Be sure to use a soft measuring tape for best results. See the image below for how to measure.